Autor Tópico: Noticias no mundo das Corridas de Cavalos  (Lida 25539 vezes)

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Registo: Set 2008
  • Localidade: London, UK
  • Nacionalidade: gb
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 30 de Julho de 2010, 10:53
Aquarius racing future in doubt

Age Of Aquarius' racing career is in severe jeopardy after he suffered a bad leg injury at Goodwood on Thursday.

Aidan O'Brien's stayer broke down with around half a mile to run of the Artemis Goodwood Cup, for which he was sent off the odds-on favourite. He was swiftly taken to Arundel Equine Hospital, where subsequent X-rays revealed the four-year-old had sustained ruptured ligaments below the fetlock of his off-fore.

Dr Paul Dupreez, senior partner of the Arundel Equine Hospital, said: "He is fine and is on his way home, supported by a splint and bandages. It is not a catastrophic injury, but there are huge doubts as to whether he will be able to get back to competitive action."

He added: "He's a very valuable horse and I'm sure they will have plans for him."

Jockey Johnny Murtagh was leading the field, but soon pulled up his partner once the Galileo colt had lost his action.

Murtagh said: "He was travelling OK, but lost his balance for a couple of strides and it went pop. It was disappointing as he was going well."

Age Of Aquarius was backed into 4-6 favouritism for the Goodwood Cup, won by Illustrious Blue, following his brave second behind Rite Of Passage in last month's Gold Cup at Ascot

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y0f-nO25S_Y&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y0f-nO25S_Y&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 31 de Julho de 2010, 18:27
Hughes Breaks Glorious Goodwood Win Record

RICHARD HUGHES broke the record for the most winners at a Glorious Goodwood when securing his ninth victory of the week in the meeting's penultimate race.

Hughes, whose winners were all trained by Richard Hannon, won the 6f nursery on Eucharist. But the record-breaking victory was no breeze as the 10-3 favourite was hampered in the final furlong before going on to beat Majestic Myles by a neck.

Richard Hughes said: "I have to thank all the lads and Richard Hannon's yard for making it all possible.

"We just got a bump in the race but she ran on great and it's a fantastic feeling."

Hannon, who himself was enjoying a glorious Goodwood with three more winners than the record six set in 1989 by Sir Michael Stoute, was full of praise for his stable jockey - and son-in-law - afterwards. He told Racing UK: "He's different gear isn't he? He gets them balanced and they run for him. "

Hannon, who broke through the 50-mark of Glorious Goodwood winners himself when King Torus won the Vintage Stakes on Wednesday added: "Of course, I have the best retainer as he's married to my daughter!"

« Última modificação: 31 de Julho de 2010, 18:29 por Juan Mendes »

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 02 de Agosto de 2010, 12:53
Haskell No Hassle for Lookin At Lucky

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/denQOFazhYo&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/denQOFazhYo&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

If the 3-year-old picture in 2010 was muddled before the $1 million IZOD Haskell Invitational (gr. I), it isn't any longer. Preakness (gr. I) winner Lookin At Lucky put away Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Super Saver at the top of the stretch and annihilated a star-filled field Aug. 1 before a crowd of 40,904 at Monmouth Park.

Jockey Martin Garcia took 6-5 choice Lookin At Lucky off the rail early and tracked the leaders in fourth to the far turn, where he drew even with Super Saver leaving the bend. It looked briefly like there might be a real scuffle between the two classic winners but Lookin At Lucky quickly took command, pulling away without a challenge to win by four lengths. Trappe Shot finished second, followed by First Dude, who nosed Super Saver for third.

A year after Rachel Alexandra completed the Preakness/Haskell double en route to Horse of the Year honors, Lookin At Lucky has accomplished the same feat -- against a Haskell field many consider the deepest in the race's 43-year history.

"I thought he'd run something like that," trainer Bob Baffert told ABC immediately after winning his record fourth Haskell. "He was sitting on a real big race. He's been training unbelievably. It was nice to see him finally come out of his shell."

Lookin At Lucky, a son of Smart Strike  --Private Feeling, by Belong to Me  , covered the 1 1/8 miles in 1:49.83 over a fast track. The Haskell featured a Derby and a Preakness winner for the first time in the race's history.

A field of seven lined up for the Haskell after the scratch of Uptowncharlybrown, who spiked a fever the morning of the race.

First Dude, coming off a close third to Drosselmeyer in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) June 5, took the lead from Our Dark Knight soon after the start and led that one by about a half-length for six furlongs while posting reasonable fractions of :23.52, :47.95 and 1:12.51. Lookin At Lucky, leaving from the rail, bobbled at the start but recovered well and was angled off the inside to stalk the pace in fourth by Garcia. There was little change among the leaders down the backstretch.

Three wide on the far turn, Lookin At Lucky advanced to battle head-and-head with Super Saver and Calvin Borel to his inside leaving the quarter pole, then drew clear when asked by Garcia.

Lookin At Lucky led by 2 1/2 lengths mid-stretch and continued to pour it on in the final furlong under mild encouragement from Garcia. Second choice Trappe Shot also raced off the rail for Alan Garcia and tracked Lookin At Lucky around the final bend. He waited for room leaving the quarter pole, then swung out four wide for the drive. He finished well but was no match for the winner while finishing three-quarters of a length in front of First Dude and Ramon Dominguez.

Super Saver was nosed for the show spot. Afleet Again, Ice Box and Our Dark Knight followed.

"He broke fine and Martin eased him to the outside," Baffert said of the winner. "I knew we’d lose a little bit of ground, but that was the winning move.

“At the three-eighths pole, that’s when you know you’ve got a good horse because they’ll be pulling you. Martin was still sitting, but when he pushed the button, the horse really took off. You can’t make that move on synthetic, but on dirt it was the winning move. That’s really what I like to see -- running fast horses on fast tracks.

Baffert has always maintained that Lookin At Lucky was a better horse on dirt than on synthetic surfaces, which the colt has raced on for most of his career.

“I’ve been coming here since 1997 when we ran Anet,” Baffert said. “Win, lose or draw, I know we’ll have a great time at Monmouth.”

Garcia, who picked up the mount on Lookin at Lucky prior to the Preakness, knows his colt very well.

“I’ve been working this horse for a long time now,” Garcia said. “Bob told me, ‘You know you’re on the best horse. Just give him a breather and then send him.’

"I moved him to the outside because I knew I was on a super horse and I wanted to keep him out of trouble. I knew I was on the best horse.”

Owned by Michael Pegram, Karl Watson and Paul Weitman, Lookin At Lucky has been considered the best of his generation since winning five of six starts, including three grade I races, to garner honors as the nation's top male juvenile in 2009.

He had not raced since a three-quarter-length victory over First Dude in the Preakness May 15, atoning for a troubled sixth-place effort as the 6-1 favorite in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands two weeks earlier. He finished seven lengths behind Super Saver over a sloppy track that day after a rough start from the rail.

The bay colt missed about a week of training between the Preakness and the Haskell, but turned in five solid works this month.

Lookin At Lucky, who earned $600,000 for the Haskell win, improved his record to 8-1-1 in 11 starts. He has banked $2,713,000.

Baffert had been tied with Jimmy Croll and Sonny Hine as the all-time leader with three Haskell winners each. The Southern California trainer previously won Monmouth's signature race with Point Given (2001), War Emblem (2002) and Roman Ruler (2005).

Carrying high weight of 122 pounds, Lookin At Lucky paid $4.40, $3 and $2.40.

Trappe Shot, making his graded stakes debut for trainer Kiaran McLaughlin, returned $3.40 and $2.60 and completed a $17.20 exacta.

McLaughlin said of Trappe Shot: “He ran well, very well. We were second to a top horse. We’re disappointed because we think an awful lot of this horse. But this race is the best of the best, and right now we’re in second place.”

First Dude, who has now rattled off in-the-money performances in the Blue Grass (gr. I), Preakness and Belmont in consecutive starts, was $3 to show.

“He got challenged a little earlier on the lead more than I would have liked, but I guess every trainer with a horse on the lead says that," trainer Dale Romans said. "I was happy with the way he dug in.”

Monmouth set an all-time record for Haskell handle of $4,463,736. The total handle for the 14-race card was $17,442,170, second highest ever for a non-Breeders’ Cup program, and just a shade under the 2008 mark of $17,642,955, when $4,257,409 was bet on the Haskell.

"We couldn’t have asked for a better day,” said Dennis R. Robinson, president and CEO of the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority. “Racing, wagering and attendance, it was an across-the-board winner. The fans really came out for a great day and an exceptional race."

Forum de Apostas

Re: Noticias no mundo das Corridas de Cavalos
« Responder #47 em: 02 de Agosto de 2010, 12:53 »

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 02 de Agosto de 2010, 20:52
Goldikova Completes Hat Trick at Deauville

[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6sqgaEtWThw&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6sqgaEtWThw&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Goldikova  further cemented her place in history with a dominating performance to capture the Prix Rothschild (Fr-I) for the third straight year.  

The victory brought the 5-year-old mare's group I total to 10, matching the great Miesque as the only European-trained horses to have won that many at the highest level since the introduction of Pattern races in the 1970s.

Goldkova’s stablemate, Only Green, was sent to the front from the start to set the pace. She was followed closely by Music Show, with Olivier Peslier content to keep Goldikova just off the pace in third. The race was settled two furlongs from home when Peslier asked Goldikova for her best. She shot past the front runners and quickly opened up on the rest of the field.

Music Show was put under a drive by Richard Hughes but was no match for Goldikova, who continued to pull away under a hands-and-heels ride by Peslier.

Goldikova crossed the wire three lengths in front of Music Show.  Elusive Wave finished third, one length further back.

Final time for the mile was 1:37.50 over a course rated as good to soft.

Goldikova remains on target to attempt an unprecedented third straight Breeders’ Cup Mile (gr. IT) victory this fall. Pierre-Yves Bureau, racing manager to the Wertheimer brothers, said: “Goldikova is a wonderful mare. She’s incredible and today she did not have too hard a race.

There is the Prix Jacques le Marois (Fr-I) in two weeks’ time and hopefully she will go for that.

Bureau had nothing but praise for Goldikova’s trainer, Freddie Head, adding, “There is a lot of credit to give to Freddie for keeping this fantastic filly at this level for so long. It’s very important.”

Peslier told reporters after the race, “It was magnificent to win her tenth group I in such style. She is a totally exceptional filly and has kept her form so well.

“We had the race wrapped up 500 meters from the line. Goldikova is calmer now and entered the stalls directly. She is a real lady.”

Goldikova was bred in Ireland by her owners, Alain and Gerard Wertheimer.  She is by the deceased French stallion Anabaa out of Born Gold, by Blushing Groom. She hails from the immediate female family of French champion Gold River.
« Última modificação: 02 de Agosto de 2010, 20:53 por Juan Mendes »

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 03 de Agosto de 2010, 12:33
Dubai World Cup Winner Retired

Gloria de Campeao, who won the world’s richest race when he beat 13 rivals in this year’s $10 million Dubai World Cup Sponsored by Emirates Airline (UAE-I), has been retired from racing after suffering a tendon injury, according to the Racing Post. Trained by Pascal Bary, the Brazilian-bred runner was being prepared for the Cox Plate (Aust-I). Breeding plans have not been decided.

In the Dubai World Cup for owner Estrela Energia Stables, Gloria de Campeao defeated a field that included Eclipse Award winner Gio Ponti and other American runners Richard’s Kid and Furthest Land. Gloria de Campeao won by nose over South African-bred Lizard's Desire.

Gloria de Campeao also contested two previous running of the Dubai World Cup. He finished second to Well Armed in 2009, and ran unplaced behind winner Curlin   in the 2008 running.

Gloria de Campeao raced once in North America, finishing unplaced in the 2009 Arlington Million Stakes (gr. IT), won by Gio Ponti.

For his career, Gloria de Campeao won nine races from 25 starts and earned $9,258,355. He last raced in the group I Singapore Airlines International Cup in May and finished second. He had won the race the previous year.

Foaled in 2003, Gloria de Campeao (Impression—Audacity, by Clackson) is a great-grandson of Fappiano and is inbred 4x4 to Nashua’s stakes-winning son Good Manners.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MlAwp7Nqr8k&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MlAwp7Nqr8k&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 05 de Agosto de 2010, 13:13
Undefeated Zenyatta to run at Del Mar

Undefeated Zenyatta has been entered in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes at Del Mar.

The mare, who is 17-0, was entered Wednesday in the Grade 1 race at the seaside track. She will be going for her third straight win in the Hirsch on Saturday.

Zenyatta won the 1 1-16-mile race by a length in 2008, and by a head last year.

She will take on five rivals in the Hirsch. She drew the No. 5 post and will carry 123 pounds, including Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith.

Zenyatta arrived at Del Mar on Wednesday and galloped on the main track.

Also entered were Princess Taylor, Made for Magic; Spring Style; Dance To My Tune; and Rinterval.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCgmO9oZ-uo&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCgmO9oZ-uo&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YTcTiYuY9AQ&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YTcTiYuY9AQ&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 06 de Agosto de 2010, 14:38
Enora Springs Surprise in German Oaks

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f3OF3QEJRr0&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f3OF3QEJRr0&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Enora overcame her lack of experience to post a 15-1 upset in the Henkel Preis der Diana Deutsches Stuten Derby (German Oaks, Ger-I) by a half-length at Dusseldorf Aug. 1.

The 3-year-old daughter of Noverre, making just her fourth career start in the Oaks, raced liked a seasoned veteran, flying home late to snatch victory in the final strides from Elle Shadow.

Semina broke sharply and went straight to the front. She was tracked closely by Isantha and Warsaw Ballet, while the heavy favorite Hibaayeb raced keenly in sixth under Frankie Dettori. Jockey Terry Hellier kept Enora under wraps at the back of the pack through the early running.

As the field turned for home, Semina was put under a drive and spurted away from the field. Elle Shadow made her move from mid-pack, passing tired horses and drawing alongside the front-runner. 

Elle Shadow took command in the final furlong as Semina began to tire. But Enora was under a full head of steam and was flying on the far outside. She got up in the final strides to snatch the victory away from Elle Shadow.

Nicea passed tired horses to finish third, 1 1/4 lengths behind Elle Shadow. Hibaayeb was never a factor and finished seventh.

Final time for the 11 furlongs was 2:14.68 over the soft going.

Enora gave ex-jockey Torsten Mundry his first group I winner in his second season of training.  Mundry, who had three runners in the 16-horse field, admitted after the race that he had been unsure of the pecking order among his trio.

Mundry said: “I won several races on Enora’s half-brother, but of my runners I ranked her as the least favorite because of her lack of experience in such a tough race.

“We’re delighted with her though, and now the intention would be to bring her back in the autumn. We will keep her to her own sex and the Prix Vermeille (Fr-I) would be a possibility.”

Enora became the second group I winner of the year for Noverre, whose Music Show captured the Etihad Airways Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) last month. Noverre, who began his stud career at Kildangan Stud in Ireland, was sold by Darley in 2008 and now stands in India.

Enora was bred in Germany by her owners, Gestut Roettgen. She is out of the stakes-placed Niniski mare Enrica and is a half-sister to multiple stakes winner Egerton.

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 07 de Agosto de 2010, 12:40
Harbinger 'injury' halts trading

Bookmakers have suspended betting on the Juddmonte International and Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe following unconfirmed reports of an injury to Harbinger.

They decided to take both betting races down while awaiting confirmation of news about the brilliant recent King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes winner.

David Williams of Ladbrokes said: "We pulled the plug shortly after 11 o'clock. Worrying rumours were swirling around and there's no point in continuing to trade whilst everything is so murky."

The Racing Post's website is reporting that the colt "suffered a career-threatening injury on Newmarket's gallops on Saturday" and attributes this to sources at owners Highclere Thoroughbred Racing.

It is reported that Harbinger had been working over seven furlongs on the Limekilns with his Sir Michael Stoute-trained stablemate Ask when the injury happened.

The four-year-old is being trained for the Juddmonte International at York, having won the King George by 11 lengths, shooting him to the top of the world rankings.

Forum de Apostas

Re: Noticias no mundo das Corridas de Cavalos
« Responder #52 em: 07 de Agosto de 2010, 12:40 »

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 08 de Agosto de 2010, 07:14
Undefeated Zenyatta to run at Del Mar

Undefeated Zenyatta has been entered in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes at Del Mar.

Zenyatta Streak at 18 With Hirsch Three-Peat

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WXNLakcO2q4&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WXNLakcO2q4&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

In what could be her final start in California, the great Zenyatta remained undefeated with her 18th consecutive win in rather routine fashion by a neck in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 7 at Del Mar.

Before an overflow crowd at the seaside track, 6-year-old Zenyatta won the Hirsch for the third consecutive time while capturing her 12th grade I victory, this time over a mediocre field.

Rated off a dawdling pace for the 1 1/16-mile event by Mike Smith, Zenyatta was closer to the lead than usual and went for an early move while five wide to draw even with the leaders in upper stretch.

She edged past pacesetter Rinterval just past mid-stretch, but Rinterval, ridden by Rafael Bejarano, fought back to make it interesting. Still, it never appeared that Zenyatta was in danger, winning with her ears pricked while urged slightly by Smith.

"She was literally playing," Smith told TVG afterward. "I hit the button a little too soon. When she gets in front, she thinks its over. She wants to salute the fans."

Owner Jerry Moss, a Grammy Award winner and founder of A &M Records, added, "It's all sweet. Having this horse is a miracle. It's so great the fans turn out for her."

Asked if Zenyatta might return later in the meet for the $1 million Pacific Classic (gr. I), Moss said, "I don't think so. This was her spot (at Del Mar). We want to run a mile-and-a-quarter later this year (in the Breeders' Cup) and save her for that."

Trainer John Shirreffs has mentioned the Beldame Stakes (gr. I), a 1 1/8-mile race at Belmont Park Oct. 2, as a possibility for Zenyatta's final start before she defends her title in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs Nov. 6.

Rinterval finished a gutsy second, with Princess Taylor third. The final time was a slow 1:45.03 over a Polytrack that played heavy all day.

Zenyatta, a dark bay or brown mare by Street Cry out of the Kris S. mare Vertigineux, went off at 1-10 and paid $2.20 and and $2.10. There was no show wagering. She earned $180,000 to push her career total to $6,254,580 and draw closer to the female earnings record for horses that have raced in North America of $6,334,296 established by the great Ouija Board, who retired in 2006.

Rinterval led the field of six early soon after the start but was crawling along through quarter-mile fractions of :25.41, :50.61, and 1:15.11 while tracked closely by Dance to My Tune and Princess Taylor. Zenyatta was fifth and about seven to eight lengths off the pace on the backstretch, Smith no doubt taking into consideration the short Del Mar stretch that almost got Zenyatta beat in last year's Hirsch.

It looked like Zenyatta would blow past her rivals after drawing even in the lane but she hooked Rinterval, a 5-year-old Irish-bred mare who had displayed some ability in fighting the 2009 champion female sprinter Informed Decision to a head decision when second in the Chicago Handicap (gr. III) on Arlington's Polytrack July 4. Zenyatta won with Smith waving his whip at her in the final furlong.

Rinterval, who led by a head at the eighth pole, was second by 2 1/4 lengths, returning $3.80 and completing a $9.20 exacta. Princess Taylor, ridden by Victor Espinoza, finished a clear third by 3 3/4 lengths, followed by Spring Style, Dance to My Tune and Made for Magic.

Zenyatta carried top weight of 123 pounds under allowance conditions, spotting her rivals just two to four pounds.

As is her custom, Zenyatta took her time returning for the winner's circle photo, stopping to check out the crowd and throw out a few of her dance steps.

Zenyatta won the 2008 Hirsch by one length before her close escape in last year's race, in which she nipped Anabaa's Creation by a head at the wire. In winning for the third time, she joined a select group of horses to have won the same stake at Del Mar three consecutive times. The others were Track Gal, who won the Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) from 1995-97, Flawlessy, who captured the grade I John C. Mabee Handicap (then the Ramona Handicap) in 1992-94, and Native Diver, winner of the San Diego Handicap from 1963-65.

With 18 victories in a row, she owns the modern-day record for consecutive victories in races not restricted to state-bred horses. Only Peppers Pride, who won 19 in succession against New Mexico-bred competition, has won more.

Kentucky-bred Zenyatta, from Street Cry’s first crop, was picked up at Keeneland four years ago for a bargain price of $60,000. She was spotted by bloodstock agent David Ingordo in the consignment of Winter Quarter Farm, which sold her on behalf of her breeder Maverick Productions.

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 09 de Agosto de 2010, 09:44
Regal Parade Takes Prix Maurice de Gheest

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_AxCL8t4qc&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_AxCL8t4qc&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Regal Parade earned his second group I victory with a determined effort to take the Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 8.

Victorious in the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) last September, Regal Parade notched his 10th win in 33 career starts for trainer David “Dandy” Nicholls in the Maurice de Gheest. The 6-year-old gelding entered the race off a three-length victory in the Shadwell Stakes (Eng-III) at Newbury last month.

The Aga Khan’s Varenar broke sharply and went straight to the lead under Gerald Mosse. The 4-year-old chestnut was tracked closely by Prime Defender and Alverta, with favored Joanna running comfortably in fourth. Jockey Adrian Nicholls had Regal Parade placed in midfield, on the outside and in the clear.

The swift pace took its toll on Varenar, who began to fade two furlongs from home. Nicholls had Regal Parade under a strong drive, and the gelding moved up quickly to challenge for the lead. He was followed by Joanna as the pair joined Chopouest at the front.

Chopouest held the lead briefly but was no match for either Regal Parade or Joanna, and quickly folded.  Regal Parade took the lead inside the final furlong and stubbornly held off Joanna for a neck victory.

Longshot High Standing, who encountered traffic problems throughout the race, had to settle for third, four lengths further back.

Final time for the 6 1/2 furlongs was 1:16.80 over the good to soft going.

Winning trainer Nicholls said of Regal Parade after the race, “He loves to get his toe in and I think experience played a role to beat the 3-year-old filly. He looked superb and the staff has done a great job.

“The plan now is the Haydock Sprint Cup (Eng-I, Sept. 4).”

Regal Parade is a son of Pivotal and is out of the winning Kingmambo mare Model Queen. Bred in England by Highclere and Harry Herbert and owned by Dab Hand Racing, Regal Parade hails from the same female family as champions Zafonic, Reams of Verse, and Elmaamul.

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 09 de Agosto de 2010, 09:50
Zoffany Paints Winning Portrait in Phoenix

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C9iIH1akI-w&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C9iIH1akI-w&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Zoffany came charging with a late run under Johnny Murtagh to capture the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) for 2-year-olds by a half-length at the Curragh Aug. 8.

Sent off as the second choice by the betting public, Zoffany was held up in last as stablemate Snow Mountain went to the front to set the early pace. Jockey Richard Hughes had heavily-favored Strong Suit placed prominently during the early stages, running along just off the lead.

At the two-furlong marker Strong Suit made his move and quickly shot past Snow Mountain. Strong Suit appeared ready to take command of the race, but he couldn’t shake free of Glor Na Mara, who moved alongside to challenge for the lead.

In the meantime, Murtagh had Zoffany under a strong drive from the back, and the pair split the leading duo inside the final furlong and edged in front for the victory. Glor Na Mara just got up for second to nail Strong Suit by a short head on the wire.

Final time for the six furlongs was 1:11.29 over a yielding turf course.

Winning trainer Aidan O’Brien, who has won 11 of the past 13 runnings of the Phoenix, said after the race, “He went to Ascot as a baby and it all happened a little bit too fast for him. We stepped him up in trip so things would happen a bit slower.

“The plan was to get him relaxed and Johnny was very cool on him and gave him a great ride.”

Zoffany has improved his record to five wins in six starts.  His lone defeat came in the Coventry Stakes (Eng-II) at Royal Ascot, when he finished sixth behind Strong Suit.

Zoffany, who was bred in Ireland by Epona Bloodstock, is owned by Michael Tabor. Zoffany is by Dansili out of Tyranny, by Machiavellian.

« Última modificação: 09 de Agosto de 2010, 10:14 por Juan Mendes »

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 09 de Agosto de 2010, 16:22
Harbinger 'injury' halts trading

Harbinger retired from horse racing after injury misery

The four-year-old was a brilliant winner of of the King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Stakes, but he unfortunately fractured his near-fore cannon bone on the gallops in Newmarket on Saturday.

Although subsequent surgery has been a success, connections feel it is too much of a risk to think about returning him to a racecourse.

He will now be put to Stud to take up stallion duties.

Trained by Sir Michael Stoute, Harbinger's finest hour came when he won last month's King George by 11 lengths in a record time.

His next outing was scheduled to be in the Juddmonte International at York later this month, in which Rip Van Winkle is now fancied at 5/4, with Byword available at 9/4.

Stoute's charge has won his last four races, including the Hardwicke Stakes at Royal Ascot, and has accrued over £770,000 in prize-money.

Parasol

• Magnata
  • P
  • Estado:
  • Registo: Fev 2006
  • Localidade: Levi's Stadium
  • Nacionalidade: pt
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 18 de Janeiro de 2011, 13:01
2010 Eclipse Awards: Zenyatta Wins Horse of the Year

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dq8fAQ6yjo[/youtube]
Zenyatta was named 2010 Horse of the Year at tonight's Eclipse Award banquet in Florida, narrowly beating out the horse she lost to at the Breeders' Cup, Blame.
Final Horse of the Year vote:
Zenyatta - 128
Blame - 102
Goldikova (IRE) - 5
A very surprising result, at least in my mind, as I figured there was no way Blame wouldn't win this award given his victory in the Classic.  Last year, winning the Classic wasn't enough to win HOY but this year a close loss was.  I'd love to see the breakout of voters with regards to which ones didn't vote for Zenyatta last year that did vote for her this year.
I'm also surprised that Goldikova got as many votes as she did for HOY.  I don't necessarily disagree that she is "pound-for-pound" the best horse in the world, and I have no problem with her as the champion female turf horse, but it's tough to envision a one-U.S. start horse as Horse of the Year.  But I can also understand why five people voted for her - she's one of a kind.
About the only other surprise of the evening was Ramon Dominguez being named champion jockey.  Nothing against Ramon but I figured Gomez would win this one.
Congratulations to all 2010 Eclipse Award winners.

Horse of the Year

Zenyatta

Older Male

Blame

Older Female

Zenyatta

3YO Colt

Lookin At Lucky

3YO Filly

Blind Luck

2YO Colt

Uncle Mo

2YO Filly

Awesome Feather

Male Sprinter

Big Drama

Female Sprinter

Dubai Majesty

Male Turf

Gio Ponti

Female Turf

Goldikova (IRE)

Jockey

Ramon Dominguez

Bug Boy

Omar Moreno

Trainer

Todd Pletcher

Owner

WinStar Farm

Breeder

Adena Springs

Steeplechase

Slip Away
It’s not how big you are, it’s how big you play.

otar

• Bilionário
  • o
  • Estado:
  • Registo: Jan 2009
  • Localidade:
    Pts Tipsr:
em: 18 de Janeiro de 2011, 14:02
Totalmente merecido! Zenyatta  :venia:

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 27 de Março de 2011, 06:08
Victoire Pisa Wins World Cup for Japan

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH4zgFhTOY4[/youtube]

Victoire Pisa led home a Japanese 1-2 in the world's richest race, the Dubai World Cup, here at the Meydan racecourse on Saturday with Transcend finishing second in an emotional victory coming in the wake of the earthquake and tsunami disaster that struck the country.

Victoire Pisa, trained by Yoshimi Ichikawa, was brilliantly ridden by Mirco Demuro, who sported a black armband in honour of the tsunami victims, to see the four-year-old 12/1 shot home and become the first Japanese horse to take the 10million dollar prize.

The Koji Maeda-trained 40/1 outsider Transcend finished fast down the outside to hold off Godolphin's Mahmoud Al Zarooni-trained Monterosso, also 40/1, third.

Favourite Twice Over never overcame his bad draw and the two-time Champions Stakes winner failed to feature in the decisive stages.

« Última modificação: 27 de Março de 2011, 06:12 por Juan Mendes »

Tags:

Rede Apostaganha: Apostas e Prognósticos / Palpites e Dicas de Apostas / Pronósticos de Apuestas / Betting Tips and Predictions