Autor Tópico: Noticias no mundo das Corridas de Cavalos  (Lida 26653 vezes)

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Registo: Set 2008
  • Localidade: London, UK
  • Nacionalidade: gb
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 04 de Julho de 2009, 01:27
Godolphin Buys Ascot Winner Jealous Again

Jealous Again, five-length winner of the group II Queen Mary Stakes at Royal Ascot, has been sold to Godolphin and will be ship to England over the weekend to prepare for upcoming stakes.

While the other horses trained by Wesley Ward that competed at Royal Ascot were out on the track at Monmouth Park for the first time June 29, Jealous Again remained in her stall after being vetted by Godolphin. She was then transferred to Tom Albertrani’s barn at Monmouth after the deal was finalized to await her departure to England, where she will join Saeed bin Suroor’s stable.

“There are certain 2-year-olds of mine, from the time we start breaking them that I try to separate from the others,” Ward said. “The ones who are early developers and speed-oriented, we want to focus on getting the most out of them early, and possibly sell them  so you can keep playing the game. She was one of those. She always had good early speed, but she made a little noise. When we switched to a figure-8 bridle it made all the difference in the world, and we were confident bringing her to Ascot because we knew she’d be getting more air.”

Jealous Again, a daughter of Trippi – Chi Sa, by Bold Ruckus who was bred in Florida by Harold J, Plumley, was owned by Ward in partnership with Mitch Dutko, Ron Brewer, and R. Abrams.  Ward purchased her at the Ocala Breeders Sales Company.’s August yearling sale for $30,000.

After breaking her maiden by 11 1/4 lengths in her career debut at Keeneland, she finished second to stablemate Aegean in the Kentucky Juvenile Stakes (gr. III). In the Queen Mary, she burst to the lead and kept increasing her margin, winning by five lengths, becoming the first American-trained horse to win a group stakes at Royal Ascot.

Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Summer Bird  rolled into the Monmouth Park stable area at 5:30 the morning of July 3 and settled into his stall in Barn 3 as he prepares for his next start, the $1 million Haskell Invitational (gr. 1) on Sunday, Aug. 2.

Trainer Tim Ice, looking sleepy after the long road trip from Louisiana Downs that included a stopover at Churchill Downs, said the Birdstone colt had handled the trip well.

“Better than I did,” Ice said with a grin. “I’m tired, but he got off the van full of himself at Churchill, and he was full of himself when we got here. He shipped great. I just want to take a nap.”

Summer Bird and his trainer left Louisiana at 9 p.m. Wednesday night and arrived in Louisville at 9:30 a.m. Thursday morning. They pulled out of Kentucky at 5 p.m. Thursday evening, and arrived at Monmouth at 5:30 Friday morning.

This was the second long road trip for Summer Bird, who made a similar van trip from Louisiana to New York when he came in early to prepare for the Belmont Stakes, a race he won by nearly three lengths over Dunkirk.

Ice said that Summer Bird will get a feel for the Monmouth track on Saturday.

“He’ll be out on the track to train on Saturday and Sunday (July 4-5),” the trainer said, “and if everything’s okay with him, he’ll work on Monday (July 6). He’s due for a work. After that, I’ll get him on a Sunday work rotation. I like to work him a week before a race, and the Haskell is on a Sunday, so that will be his work day after this week.”

Summer Bird had his first work since the June 6 Belmont at Louisiana Downs last Saturday, breezing five furlongs in a leisurely 1:04.20

Ice also brought a 4-year-old named Independence War to run in allowance races at Monmouth, and says he is bringing in a pair of 2-year-olds to keep him busy in the time preceding the Haskell.

Another Haskell candidate, Papa Clem, also came in early, but the colt will run in next Saturday’s $175,000 Long Branch Stakes, Monmouth’s major prep for the Haskell. The race is also expected to draw Atomic Rain.

Summer Bird, a Summer Squall colt bred by his owners, the Drs. K.K. and V. Devi Jayaraman, debuted at Oaklawn Park on March 1, and ran fourth. He broke his maiden on March 19, and then ran a strong third in Papa Clem's  win in the  April 11 Arkansas Derby (gr. II) and was sent to Churchill Downs where he finished sixth behind Mine That Bird in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).

Ice, based at Louisiana Downs near Shreveport, La., brought the colt home for two weeks and then shipped him to Belmont three weeks before the final Triple Crown event. With Kent Desormeaux replacing Chris Rosier in the saddle, Summer Bird won convincingly in the Belmont Stakes.

Desormeaux will try to make it two Haskell victories in a row this year, after winning the race last year aboard Big Brown.

Summer Bird is bedded down in Barn 3 with the horses trained by John Mazza, who has had stalls in that barn for the past 42 years, and has hosted a number of famous runners.
« Última modificação: 04 de Julho de 2009, 01:32 por jmmp »

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 05 de Julho de 2009, 00:39
Smith on Mine That Bird in WVa and Travers

Mike Smith will ride Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird in the Aug. 1 West Virginia Derby, co-owner Mark Allen and trainer Chip Woolley said today.

Smith finished second on the gelding in the Preakness Stakes after Derby-winning jockey Calvin Borel opted to ride Kentucky Oaks winner Rachel Alexandra, who became the first filly in 85 years to take the Triple Crown's middle leg.

"He's helped us out when we've needed him," Allen said of Smith. "He's our first choice besides Mr. Borel."

An internet report that Julien Leparoux would be the rider is in error, Allen and Woolley said. Leparoux was among the candidates but is committed to riding female turf champion Forever Together in the Grade I, $500,000 Diana at Saratoga Aug. 1.

Allen and Woolley said Smith's commitment is through the Aug. 29 Travers.

The Mine That Bird camp went looking for another rider when Borel did not give a firm commitment to ride in the West Virginia Derby. He also rides promising 3-year-old Warrior's Reward, including in today's Dwyer Stakes at Belmont. That colt is being targeted toward both the Aug. 1 Jim Dandy at Saratoga and the Travers.

Woolley had said he wanted a rider who would commit to Mine That Bird through the Breeders' Cup Classic. But it apparently proved difficult to get both that commitment and a rider the trainer and owners wanted.

"It's hard for a jockey to give a commitment over that much time," Allen said. "I'm just glad to have Mike now."

Smith would have a conflict in the Breeders' Cup Classic should his unbeaten champion mare Zenyatta take on males in that race. Allen said it's possible that Borel could get back on Mine That Bird later this season.

"Definitely," he said. "You bet. Calvin Borel won the Kentucky Derby for us. He's our hero. But he probably has Rachel Alexandra going in the Travers."

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 06 de Julho de 2009, 05:14
Gozzip Girl Zaps Doubters in American Oaks

[youtube=425,350]neYaQ7yg9Ak[/youtube]

Favored Gozzip Girl gave a superb performance from off the pace to win the crowded $700,000 American Oaks Invitational (gr. IT)  by 3 1/4 lengths at Hollywood Park July 5.

The New York shipper Gozzip Girl, ridden brilliantly by Kent Desormeaux, avoided traffic in the 14-horse field and kicked on powerfully mid-stretch when Magical Affair could not find room. The Farnsworth Stables-owned daughter of Dynaformer   proved much the best in comfortably winning the 1 1/4-mile turf test for 3-year-old fillies. Tom Albertrani is the winning trainer.

“She had a huge turn of foot like we saw in her race down at Gulfstream,” Albertrani said. “I was hoping to see that today. I think we needed that to win today.”

Gozzip Girl was the 2-1 choice following her convincing win in the Sands Point (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park in her last start. In becoming a grade I winner, she triumphed for the fifth time in eight starts.

Well off the early pace and still ninth after a half-mile, Gozzip Girl closed in on the front-runners three wide mid-stretch with Magical Affair and Julien Leparoux on her inside. Gozzip Girl swallowed up the leaders, Third Dawn and Afternoon Stroll, but Magical Affair could not squeeze between them and steadied severely.

As Gozzip Girl skipped away to victory under some left-handed urging, Well Monied and Lexlenos closed to claim second and third, respectively. The unlucky Magical Affair wound up fourth. The final time was 2:00.22.

Afternoon Stroll took the early lead as British invader Apple Charlotte pressed through fractions of :24.19, :47.47 and 1:11.61. Third Dawn, third along the inside, took advantage of Afternoon Stroll racing off the rail to grab the lead with a half-mile to run and she took the field into the stretch with Afternoon Stroll and Apple Charlotte close by. But all three would drop out of it as Gozzip Girl and the other back markers charged into contention. Both Well Monied, ridden by Joel Rosario, and Lexlenos. with Alex Solis aboard, closed with interest, but never threatened the winner. Well Monied finished a half-length in front of Lexlenos.

Gozzip Girl improved her turf record to five wins in six tries. The dark bay filly won both the Sands Point, which was over a yielding course, and Gulfstream Park's Herecomesthebride (gr. IIIT) this year. In addition, she missed being a grade I winner on synthetic by just a neck when she finished second to Hooh Why in Keeneland's Ashland Stakes. The winning purse for the Oaks, $420,000, increased her earnings to $782,194.

“This race has been on our radar ever since Gulfstream Park,” Albertrani said. “I was here last year with Raw Silk (who finished off the board) and I always wanted to come back again. When this filly started to show me that she was a really nice filly, this was the race we had planned way back then.

“This was her toughest assignment so far,” he added. “She’s done so well and she seems like she’s improving all the time. We’re almost thinking about trying her back on the dirt. We’re going to talk about it, but the Alabama (gr. I) might be in our sights at Saratoga. She is very versatile. She can win on the lead and come from behind. She looks like she is just getting stronger and improving all the time.”

Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings bred Gozzip Girl in Kentucky.  She is out of Temperence Gift, by Kingmambo  .

Though she won on the lead in the slowly-paced Sands Point for him, Desormeaux eschewed the lead in winning the American Oaks.

"She's very much a lovely ride,” Desormeaux said. “She's very graceful. She really loomed up boldly and got to that first flight quickly. It was just a matter of picking a gap and giving her somewhere to run. I know she's very talented, but she really ran fantastic today. She won handily."

Gozzip Girl won under 121 pounds and paid $6.40, $3.80 and $3.20, topping a $2 exacta worth $39.40. Well Monied, winner of Hollywood's Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT) in her last start, returned $7 and $5.20. The Irish-bred Lexlenos, third  in the Honeymoon, was $39.40 to show.

Well Monied took the overland route from 13th to finish impressively.

“We overcame a lot to be second,” trainer Howard Zucker said. “This was like a Breeders’ Cup field. What a job they did with this race. We just needed a better trip. None of them tried harder than my horse.”

Magical Affair was followed by Acting Lady, Afternoon Stroll, The Best Day Ever, Apple Charlotte, Third Dawn, Nan, Rare Ransom, Mrs Kipling, Pretty Unusual and Puttanesca.

Forum de Apostas

Re: Noticias no mundo das Corridas de Cavalos
« Responder #17 em: 06 de Julho de 2009, 05:14 »

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 11 de Julho de 2009, 13:16

Pioneerof the Nile retired with injury

Pioneerof the Nile, winner of this year's Santa Anita Derby, has been retired from racing with an injury. According to a statement from Zayat Stables, the three-year-old colt has "a soft tissue injury to his left front leg."

Trained by Bob Baffert, Pioneerof the Nile has been stabled at Santa Anita Park where he had been training for a possible start in the $300,000 Swaps Stakes next week at Hollywood Park.

"We noticed a little filling in his leg," Baffert said in the announcement. "We were hoping he just rapped it. I'm in shock."

Pioneerof the Nile finished second to Mine That Bird in the Kentucky Derby after being the 4-1 second choice in the morning-line. Two weeks later in the Preakness Stakes, at opening odds of 5-1, the colt was 11th behind the filly Rachel Alexandra and the Kentucky Derby winner. The Preakness was to be his final career race.

He proved to be the top three-year-old this winter at Santa Anita with victories in the Robert B. Lewis and San Felipe Stakes. This year he won three of five starts for $1,090,000. In his career Pioneerof the Nile finished with $1,634,200 with five wins in 10 starts.

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 22 de Julho de 2009, 05:33

Swift Temper wins Del 'Cap wire-to-wire

[youtube=425,350]-bvj6CRZts8[/youtube]

Swift Temper, ridden by Alan Garcia, used a front running style Sunday to capture the $1 million Delaware Handicap for fillies and mares at Delaware Park. The five-year-old mare covered the 1 1/4 miles in 2:03.41 on a fast track.

Swift Temper, trained by Dale Romans, took the lead shortly after the start while Acoma and Morena dueled for second. Even-money favorite Unbridled Belle was racing in fourth followed by 5-2 second-choice Icon Project and longshot Temple Street.

Sent off at 7-1, Swift Temper proved too much for the five other fillies and mares down the stretch and went on to win by 2 1/4-lengths. Finishing second was Icon Project followed by 2007 Del 'Cap winner Unbridled Belle, Morena, Temple Street and Acoma.

Three-year-old Livin Lovin was scratched from the Del 'Cap. Trainer Steve Klesaris indicated that the filly's next start would come at Belmont Park in the Coaching Club American Oaks next Saturday.

Swift Temper, installed as the 4-1 third choice in the program, picks up $600,000 with Sunday's victory. Owned by Mark Stanley, the five-year-old now has career earnings of $1,033,346 with five wins in 27 starts.

In her last start at Churchill Downs Swift Temper was second in the Fleur De Lis. She was third in the Louisville Distaff in May at Churchill Downs and won the Sixty Sails Handicap at Hawthorne in April.

"It seemed like a logical spot," said Romans about entering the mare. "We thought she would go a mile and a quarter and we thought it might even help. Obviously it did. I thought if Unbridled Belle did not go, we would be in front, but I could not figure out what she would do. We were planning on just getting comfortable wherever we were, but it worked out perfectly for us. When they left us out there two in front going that slow, I knew they were in trouble. I was looking at the fractions and it did not look like at any point anybody wanted to challenge us. I knew if it was going to be a sprint from the quarter pole home, we were going to have plenty left."

Swift Temper returned $17.00, $6.00 and $3.80. Icon Project paid $4.20 and $3.40, and Unbridled Belle paid $2.20 to show.

The 1 1/4 mile Del 'Cap is part of the Breeders' Cup "Win and You're In" program. Swift Temper gains automatic entry into this year's $2 million Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic on November 6 at Santa Anita Park.

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 04 de Agosto de 2009, 05:00
'Rachel' proves great again in Haskell

[youtube=425,350]U_LmtMZs6tw[/youtube]

Preakness Stakes winner Rachel Alexandra again defeated the boys in Sunday's $1.25 million Haskell Invitational at Monmouth Park.

Rachel Alexandra, who became just the second filly to ever win the Haskell, appeared to toy with the six colt's who were entered against her. Ridden by Calvin Borel

She quickly opened up coming into the stretch and eventually prevailed by six-lengths over Summer Bird.

She completed the 1 1/8 miles in a near-record time of 1:47.21.

Trained by Steve Asmussen, the filly adds $700,000 to her earnings, which now total $2.5 million. 'Rachel' has won 10 of 13 lifetime starts and has banked $2.3 million this year alone.

Rachel Alexandra returned $3.00, $2.20 and $2.10. Summer Bird paid $3.40 and $2.60, and Munnings paid $3.20 to show.

-------------------------------------------------------

Quality Road returns with Saratoga win

[youtube=425,350]3gY0m2OHTM0[/youtube]

Quality Road, making his first start since winning the Florida Derby, overran five rivals to win Monday's $150,000 Amsterdam Stakes at Saratoga Race Course

The time for the Amsterdam was 1:13.45 on a fast track. It establishes a new track and stakes record for 6 1/2 furlongs.

Quality Road returned $3.50, $2.40 and $2.20. Capt. Candyman Can paid $3.90 and $3.20, and Captain Cherokee paid $5.40 to show.

He is expected to face Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird and Jim Dandy Stakes champ Kensei in the Travers on August 29.

Quality Road banks $90,000 with Monday's win to bring his career earnings to more than $700,000 with four wins in five starts.
« Última modificação: 04 de Agosto de 2009, 05:03 por jmmp »

CONTROL04

• Milionário
  • C
  • Estado:
  • Registo: Out 2008
  • Localidade:
    Pts Tipsr:
em: 09 de Dezembro de 2009, 17:08
Sea The Stars jockey Mick Kinane announces retirement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/8401027.stm

Veteran jockey Mick Kinane, 50, has announced his retirement, ending a 34-year career in the saddle.

He bows out on a high after a stunning 2009 saw him partner wonder horse Sea The Stars to six Group One wins.

His success with the John Oxx-trained colt included an unprecedented 2,000 Guineas-Derby-Arc treble.

Kinane said: "I feel fit and sharp enough to do any horse justice but I have the privilege of being able to end my career on an incredible high."

BBC's Cornelius Lysaght on Twitter
Kinane says he will be 'small-time farmer' in future. Goes into retirement with 'huge sense of gratitude' to horses

Born in County Tipperary, Ireland, the son of a leading National Hunt jockey, Kinane won the 2,000 Guineas four times, the Epsom Derby three times, the Oaks twice and the St Leger once.

He also picked up 11 Irish Classic winners, and France's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe three times.

Henry Cecil, the trainer who provided him with his first Derby success in 1993 on Commander in Chief, said: "Michael Kinane, in my opinion, was a brilliant, top-class jockey, a gentleman and a great ambassador to racing.

"He rode quite a few Group One winners for me including the Derby. Thank you very much Michael. Racing will miss you."
Mick Kinane
Kinane signs off from racing after a stunning 2009 season

Kinane said he was leaving the sport "with a huge sense of gratitude to all the great horses I have ridden". And he paid tribute to "all the great trainers whose genius developed those champions and everybody else in racing, from the stable lads to the owners, who have made me deeply thankful for my involvement in the game."

He went on: "Teamwork is the key to success in racing and I have been blessed with some of the best alliances a jockey could have. The most important support of all throughout my career has, naturally, come from my wife, Catherine, along with my family and friends.

"Both Catherine and our two precious daughters, Sinead and Aisling, know how much they mean to me."

As well as riding hundreds of winners in Britain, Ireland and France, he also won the Melbourne Cup in 1993 with Vintage Crop and in the USA won three Breeders' Cup prizes. He picked up rides, and valuable winners, in some far-flung outposts including Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Slovakia, the UAE and Saudi Arabia.

On Monday, Kinane was named jockey of the year at the 43rd Derby Awards, eight years after his previous victory, beating off competition from Ryan Moore, Richard Hills and Richard Hughes.

A champion apprentice in Ireland in 1978, Kinane had ridden his first winner aboard Muscari for boss Liam Browne at Leopardstown in 1975. He had 14 years as number one jockey to Dermot Weld from 1983 before he was retained by Aidan O'Brien from 1999 to 2003.

An Irish champion jockey on 13 occasions, he said his first Derby win had been a key moment in his career.

He got the leg-up at Epsom on the Khalid Abdullah-owned Commander In Chief with Pat Eddery on the owner's supposed first string Tenby, who started an odds-on favourite.

606: DEBATE
The greatest Irish Flat jockey - sad to see you go

wallace_no7

Kinane said: "Your first Epsom Derby success is very special so winning on Commander In Chief was a huge milestone."

That success in the showpiece summer classic was followed by Derby triumphs on Galileo in 2001, for O'Brien, before a third success earlier this year on the extraordinary Sea The Stars.

Pat Smullen, who succeeded Kinane as stable jockey to Weld, described his predecessor as "the greatest of them all".

Five-time Irish champions Smullen added: "Mick was such a great help to me when he moved on. He was not just a great rider but a great friend too."

Oxx said: "Michael was just the complete professional in every way. He had a great work ethic and he never let anybody down. Sea The Stars has been such a great landmark horse and it has been wonderful to have Michael there to ride him.

"The Arc is the one everyone will remember. There was so much at stake, no one wanted to see the horse fall at the last and get beaten, everyone wanted to see him finish up with a win and he was just so confident on the day.

"You couldn't have predicted it or planned it, but it has been great for him to have had the best horse he ever rode in the final year of his career. It's the sort of end that he deserves."

Another trainer, Mick Channon, said: "He's been an amazing jockey for as long as I can remember and he's a smashing chap as well. It's sad to lose someone like that, but what a great career he's had."

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 03 de Fevereiro de 2010, 12:43
Dubai World Cup (Meydan on March 27)

Gio Ponti heads the list of 288 free nominations to the $10 million Dubai World Cup at Meydan on March 27. Favored by all of the British bookmakers for the world's richest race, the 2009 Eclipse Award winner as both best older horse and best turf horse was one of 45 American-trained horses nominated to the World Cup at the first entry stage that closed Jan. 13. The list does not include Zenyatta.

All of the favorites for the World Cup are among the nominees, including Twice Over, Vision d'Etat, Gitano Hernando, Presvis, Espoir City, and Vodka. So, too, is Gloria de Campeao, last year's World Cup runner-up who got his 7-year-old season off to a flying start with a victory in Round 1 of the Maktoum Challenge on Thursday on Meydan's new synthetic track.

Some of the other more prominent American names on the list are Richard's Kid, Awesome Gem, Einstein, Life Is Sweet, and Quality Road. Godolphin has named 33, including Midshipman and Regal Ransom as well as Justenuffhumor, who is more likely to be aimed at the Dubai Duty Free, and Cavalryman, who was trained last year by Andre Fabre for Sheikh Mohammed to win the Grand Prix de Paris and finish third in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe but is a more likely candidate for the Dubai Sheema Classic if he runs at all in Dubai this winter.

Presious Passion heads a list of 17 American nominees to the 1 1/2-mile Dubai Sheema Classic, which also includes Gio Ponti and Cloudy's Knight. Among the 27 American nominees to the 1 1/8-mile Dubai Duty Free are Battle of Hastings, Courageous Cat, Loup Breton, and Never On Sunday, a Group 1 winner in France who is now with Patrick Biancone.

Dominated by American-trained horses since its inception, the Dubai Golden Shaheen, which like the World Cup will be run for the first time on a synthetic surface this year, has attracted 205 nominees, 30 of which hail from the United States, among them the first three from the Breeders' Cup Sprint: Dancing in Silks, Crown of Thorns, and Cost of Freedom, as well as Sprint fourth Gayego who is currently training in Dubai with Godolphin.

A surprising 43 of the 173 nominees to the $2 million UAE Derby, which will be run this year at 1 3/16 miles on Meydan's Tapeta surface, are trained in the United States. They include Lookin At Lucky and Noble's Promise, the second- and third-place finishers in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile behind Godolphin's Vale of York, who also is nominated.

Should Zenyatta's connections wish to nominate her to the Dubai World Cup, they still have plenty of time. The second stage for all World Cup Night nominations closes Feb. 17 and will cost owners one-tenth of 1 percent of the purse. The stage on March 8 costs 1 percent of the purse, while supplementary nominations on March 21 are priced at 10 percent of the purse.

fonte: Dailyracingform

« Última modificação: 03 de Fevereiro de 2010, 12:44 por Juan Mendes »

Forum de Apostas

Re: Noticias no mundo das Corridas de Cavalos
« Responder #22 em: 03 de Fevereiro de 2010, 12:43 »

Juan Mendes

• HighRoller
  • Estado:
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 05 de Fevereiro de 2010, 09:22
Gloria De Campeão wins featured race at new Dubai track

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l2qHjyi4Mp0&hl=pt_BR&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l2qHjyi4Mp0&hl=pt_BR&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Gloria De Campeao, runner-up in last year's Dubai World Cup, got his season started on Thursday with a victory in the featured race at the brand new Meydan Racecourse. This year's $10 million Dubai World Cup will be held on Saturday, March 27.

Gloria De Campeao won the opening day $200,000 Maktoum Challenge at one mile over the track's synthetic oval. Ridden by Tiago Pereira, the Brazilian- bred was never far off the pace. Trained by Pascal Bary, Gloria De Campeao retook the lead down the stretch to defeat Forgotten Voice.

"This horse loves Dubai and never runs a bad race," said Bary. "We will be aiming him for the World Cup in which he was an excellent second last year."

The time for the mile was 1:38.48

Finishing third was Consul General with 2008 Breeders' Cup Juvenile champ Midshipman coming in fourth. Rounding out the order of finish was Premio Loco, Without A Prayer, Lovelace, Otaared, Hunting Tower, Al Samha, Ocean's Minstrel, Philario, Tam Lin, and My Indy.
« Última modificação: 05 de Fevereiro de 2010, 09:23 por Juan Mendes »

miguelyn

• Administrador
  • Estado:
  • Registo: Nov 2005
  • Localidade: Lamego
  • Nacionalidade: pt
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 15 de Fevereiro de 2010, 15:21
Não sabia bem onde por isto, mas recebi uma mensagem da Will hill, a notificar-me do Cheltham festival, para visitar esta página

Quem quiser que se sirva :P
:roll:

CONTROL04

• Milionário
  • C
  • Estado:
  • Localidade:
    Pts Tipsr:
em: 15 de Fevereiro de 2010, 15:32
cheltenham vai dar tanto que falar ...   :bom:

ando a contar os dias para o festival  :assobio:  :assobio:

XavierCosta

• HighRoller
  • X
  • Estado:
  • Registo: Jan 2006
  • Localidade: Tomar
    Pts Tipsr:
em: 15 de Fevereiro de 2010, 15:33

Uma excursão um destes dias até um evento destes é que era :cool:
I am the master of my faith...I am the captain of my soul

malho

• Bilionário
  • m
  • Estado:
  • Registo: Abr 2007
  • Localidade: Margem Sul
    Pts Tipsr:
em: 15 de Fevereiro de 2010, 15:40

Se tivesse um milhão no bolso era em grande  ;)
On the road to profit... Lay is the way

ruifreitas

• Bilionário
  • r
  • Estado:
  • Registo: Mar 2009
  • Localidade:
  • Nacionalidade: 00
  • Pts Tipsr:
em: 15 de Fevereiro de 2010, 15:41
EStou a preparar pick para o Kauto Star. Denman não vai ter hipótese, ainda por cima com o falhanço do outro dia com o AP. :cool:
Ball Till Ya Fall.
Mo'undred.

CONTROL04

• Milionário
  • C
  • Estado:
  • Localidade:
    Pts Tipsr:
em: 15 de Fevereiro de 2010, 15:48

Só porque falaste em excursão   :cool:
Cheltenham é brutal ...

Uma Guinness numa mão .. o papel da aposta milionária na outra ... e uns quantos lay's no bolso  ;)

Casas de Apostas: bet pt / Betclic / ESC Online / Nossa Aposta / Casino Portugal

Rede Apostaganha: Apostas e Prognósticos / Palpites e Dicas de Apostas / Pronósticos de Apuestas / Betting Tips and Predictions / Melhores Cassinos Online Brasil / Mejores Casinos Online de América Latina